I’ve started sewing up the Woodland Gnome cahiers and they’re coming along nicely. In the meantime I’ve started working on something else, I haven’t decided what form it’s going to take yet but I’ve made some paste paper as a start. It has been a while since I’ve made some flatblacks and I’m leaning towards making some small ones for swapping at JournalFest.
Tonight I wrapped up the printing for the covers of my Woodland Gnome Cahiers. I stopped at a Kelly Paper store on the way home and found a stock to use for the book block which gave me the information I needed to put the colophon together. I created another Gocco screen for it and knocked out the last of the printing on the covers.
JournalFest is coming up in October and after going through the confirmation materials, I’ve decide to make some things to trade. Normally, I end up scrambling at the last minute to get things together but this time I wanted to get ahead of the curve and get started. I attend PLAY regularly and normal make a small journal and a matching cahier, they’re always a hit so I’ve decided to make some of them JournalFest. I began by drawing out a Woodland Gnome for the cover and broke out my Gocco. I still have a cache of Gocco supplies and decided it would be the quickest way to get started. Here are a couple of shots of the covers in their first stages.
I began by laying down some blue ink to color the Gnome’s hat.
Once the blue ink was dry, I used a second screen to lay down some black ink.
The front of the covers completed.